Orlando and Kissimmee Auto Insurance and Car Accident Lawyer – Insurance Claims: Dos and Don’ts
Every year, thousands of car and auto accident victims are denied the full compensation to which they are entitled. It is standard practice for insurance companies to offer victims rushed, small settlements. Indeed, all too often innocent auto accident victims are left bearing financial liability for a collision that was not their fault. At Frank M. Eidson, P.A., our Orlando and Kissimmee-area auto insurance and car accident lawyer knows the insurance company’s games. We will fight on your behalf for just compensation. Having already recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of past clients, our track record speaks for itself. Level the playing field; put an experienced, aggressive advocate in your corner.
Powerful insurance companies will often seek to deny or minimize valid car accident,truck accident, or motorcycle accident claims. If you have suffered catastrophic injury and/or property damage in an auto accident, contact our Orlando and Kissimmee-area office today. Car accident and auto insurance lawyer Frank Eidson can help.
Due to congestion and high speeds along Florida ‘s interstates, auto accidents along these highways often result in catastrophic injury, even wrongful death. If you or a loved one has been involved in one of these serious accidents, contact Orlando auto accident attorney Frank Eidson today and schedule a free consultation.
When dealing with an insurance company after a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, victims should follow the following general guidelines:
- Contact your insurance company as soon after the accident or injury as possible.
- Gather as many details about the accident as possible. Document how the accident occurred, the names and contact information of any witnesses, and the insurance information of the other driver(s). If possible, take pictures.
- Take time to read and understand your auto insurance policy and understand it.
- Keep a written account of any conversations and dealings with the insurance officers, agents, and any other people involved in the claims process.
- Save receipts and bills for all expenses relating to your accident. These include bills for repair work on the damaged vehicle, alternative travel expenses, and medical costs.
- Be honest with the insurance investigators so that your car accident claim is not denied on grounds of fraudulence.
- Determine whether you have more than one insurance policy that provides coverage for your accident or injury. Many people have multiple insurance policies under which they may be able to file valid insurance claims.
- Pay attention to any time limits on your insurance claim. Insurance companies require you to file a claim within a specific period after an accident or injury.
- Contact an experienced auto insurance and car accident lawyer. Attorney Frank Eidson will explain your legal options and defend your rights as a victim.
You should avoid doing the following when dealing with an insurance company after a car, truck, or motorcycle accident:
- Do not admit to having been at fault in any way. Stick to the facts without expressing any opinion. It is not your job to ascertain liability.
- Do not give anything in writing to any insurance officers, whether your own or the other party’s, if you do not understand any part of your policy or claim.
- Do not take everything that your insurance agent tells you as the last word, especially regarding the value of your claim or a settlement. Insurance companies will try to minimize the return on your claim. Rather than simply accepting their estimates, contact a lawyer.
- Do not sign a release or waiver of any kind. If you are not sure about what you are being asked to sign, consult an attorney for help.
- Do not accept any settlement as a full and final payment unless you are certain that it represents fair compensation for your losses.
At the Kissimmee and Orlando-area office of Frank M. Eidson, P.A., our car accident and auto insurance lawyer provides auto accident victims statewide with an exceptional standard of dedicated, personalized legal representation.
Contact Our Orlando Auto Insurance and Car Accident Lawyer
Orlando and Kissimmee-area auto insurance and car accident lawyer Frank Eidson can help you maximize the return on your auto accident claim. We level the playing field and help victims maximize the return on their claims. If you have been injured by a negligent or reckless driver, contact our Central Florida personal injury law firm. Having already recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, we are ready to put our experience and courtroom skills to work for you.